Saturday, March 31, 2012

Lenten Experiment (Day 34) - Hosanna

AND NOW A WORD FROM OUR SPONSORS: We interrupt this blog to provide the readers with a bit of levity today—a relief from the sadness this week that seemed to overwhelm our writer. This is being done not to avoid the melancholy, but to prepare you to embrace this most holiest of seasons - Holy Week which begins tomorrow with Palm Sunday.

It all began a few weeks ago when, much to my horror, I agreed to sing in the newly formed church choir for Easter services. I haven't been a choir participant of any kind since my Catholic school days. Yikes! What was I thinking? Maybe I was encouraged by my youngest daughter, Brinna, who always signs up to sing in just about every children's musical at church. She DOES love to sing. I do, too, but only in the privacy of my truck on the way to work. It's not something I usually do publicly and certainly not for others to hear.

Maybe it was my inclination to please others. I just can't describe the feeling that came over me from somewhere down deep when my friend Wesa asked me to participate. I just couldn't say "No."

So began my foray into the mysterious world of choir singing. The group was small at first, but as we have moved closer to Easter, our numbers have swelled. Last Wednesday's practice was great - we were about 30 strong and "our song" is sounding terrific. I have to admit, though, it is one of my favorite Newsboys songs and I really delight in singing it to God.

Believe it or not - I'm actually excited about singing in public now. I'll probably be sick to my stomach all Easter morning and may even throw up around 8 a.m., but somehow I'll get through three services! Not by my strength, but through His. That's my mantra for next Sunday.

Hosanna in the highest! Hooray for salvation! Salvation has come!

No comments:

Post a Comment