Saturday, March 10, 2012

Lenten Experiment - Day 17 (The Refreshment of Friends)

This week, I tortured myself once again with several late night and one all-nighter in the continuous pursuit of 1) sticking with my Lenten commitment to write each day and 2) fortifying my eBay store with new treasures to sell.

Thankfully I truly enjoy both these pursuits so don't feel sorry for me. :-)

So, with all that said, it's why I'm lagging behind in my writing because last night I just couldn't keep my sleepy eyes open long enough to write. I'm really not at my best when I'm overly tired. I went to bed at 9:30pm and slept until 8:00am this morning. Guess I needed some refreshment.

Even more refreshment came in the form of friendship last night as well. And I'm so very grateful for our dear friends Donna and Craig. We have walked beside them since our college days and while we rarely see them only upon occasion because they live two hours away, they are always there with us in our thoughts, our hearts and our prayers.

That's who true friends are - they are very precious and many times words simply cannot describe how deeply they touch our lives. "A friend loves at all times . . ." (Proverbs 17:17)

As we were sitting at Olive Garden last night talking, I realized how quickly time passes. Dinner was over in just a couple of hours and those moments can never be recaptured. While we relive the joyful times we spend with friends and they give us comfort later, it's so important to reach out and continually seek new opportunities to love. For a friend loves at all times . . . through the joy and the tears, through times of sorrow and across the miles that separate us.

No comments:

Post a Comment