Monday, March 19, 2012

Lenten Experiment - Day 25 (Vision Possible)

Yesterday's church service was definitely a joy. The focus this Lent has been "Light." Each week, the light pierces the darkness bringing more clarity; more vision.

Darkness - dismal, gloomy, unenlightened - associated with death and obscurity

Light - something that makes vision possible; explodes in the darkness

Shining my light every day, all day, in every circumstance is indeed costly. Much like the cost of electricity that seems to skyrocket out of control, so is the energy it takes to switch on my light of encouragement, my light of love, my light of positivity when I don't feel happy. And, not just to "click" the switch, but to keep it burning brighter and brighter amidst the gloom of this world.

The Skit Guys talk about colored lights all year round for all occasions. I'm a bit embarrassed to tell you that I still have my Southwest Christmas tree up with its bright chili pepper lights - maybe I'll keep it lit this year despite attitudes around me to the contrary.

Are you going to join me? Let's let our little light shine - whether it's chili pepper lights or a little encouragement and joy - arm yourself with the light.

It is a "Vision Possible."

No comments:

Post a Comment