Saturday, March 24, 2012

Lenten Experiment - Day 30 (Two Tons of Fun!)

Some call me "hardy." It's my thinking that I'm one part hardy, nine parts fool. At least some of the time. And, today I proved myself right . . . again.

While most of the people I know are probably spending their Saturdays out enjoying the warm Spring weather or relaxing, I spent my afternoon retrieving two thousand pound bales of hay for my horses. Through the fall and winter, I've made the 30-something mile trip to Clay Center to get hay. It's been an unusual arrangement because one of my co-workers offered me the hay "FREE." The only catch was the hay was a bit old. What a blessing it has been, despite the journey and the hard work required on my part.

So today around 3 p.m. I started my exercising. Yes, you guessed it - unloading two tons of hay by hand, sheer will and muscle. It took me about four hours, but I made it. May never walk again, but I GOT THAT HAY OFF THE TRUCK!

Now, you're probably saying, "What was she thinking?" "When will she ever learn?" "You really should ask for help sometimes." Maybe . . . but then I wouldn't get some needed stretching and exercise for this flabby 50-something body. hahahaha

It's just one more thing I'm constantly learning - hard work is good for the soul, especially when it's two tons of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment