Friday, March 2, 2012

Lenten Experiment - Day 10 (My Drivel Needed a Little Sharpening)

Today, Friday, March 2nd I have struggled all day with the focus of my blog entry. Is it because I lack the creativity to day-after-day churn out meaningful drivel? Or have I tapped the minutia of data in my brain already? It's probably a combination of both. LOL

So, at the suggestion of someone close to me (you know who you are) and without further ado, I will begin today's entry rambling along without much purpose or direction. You, the reader, will probably lose interest quite quickly when you become frustrated with my meanderings. Or, you might just become curious and follow along because you have nothing else better to do on a lazy Saturday morning. I promise I'll keep it short.

I was discussing my blog entry this evening with this same dear friend and he suggested simply that this day's blog entry could actually evolve into a purposeful meditation on the lack of purpose or some such thought as this. I'm probably not getting his complete thought quite right because I doubt at this late hour if I am thinking in the same dimension. However, he has a wondrous gift for deep thinking that many times challenges and encourages me to think deeper myself. So, here goes nothing . . . and we're already on the third paragraph. phew . . .

The writer of Proverbs reminds me that "Iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another." And, that is what a good friend does - he or she sharpens us - making us think beyond ourselves, stretching our faith, challenging us to go deeper in thought and relationships.

Uh oh, as crazy as this sounds, it looks like Nick was right - the blog and my ramblings actually turned into something meaningful. And, above all it demonstrated to me once again that most times to see results we have to just jump in there and "do it." Persevere, have a little trust, don't give in, look beyond yourself. Another Lenten life lesson learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment