Thursday, March 1, 2012

Lenten Experiment - Day 9

Today, March 1, one of my Facebook friends posted a beautiful photo from outer space that inspired my imagination. I couldn't help thinking about it all day and marveling at its beauty. The diversity of colors, imagery and patterns were awe-inspiring. I encourage you to discover the beauty and wonder that is depicted at www.space.com. This website isn't just about images from space, but it educates on science, astronomy, technology, space flight, the search for life outside our galaxy, and even robots.

Credit: ESO/T. Preibisch

As I gaze into these magnificent photos I feel really inadequate and not quite up to the challenge of day-to-day living. I see how very, very small I am in the scheme of things--in comparison to the vastness of our universe. It gives me an appreciation for who I am and who created me and this world in which I live. The technology capable of discovering these areas so far away from Earth overwhelms me. Visualizing the intricacies of a nebula will take your breath away.

Credit: Canada-France-Hawaii Telescope/Coelum

Space truly is the beginning of wonder - awe of the unknown, awe of creation, awe of something so much larger than ourselves. Sit back and be amazed!

No comments:

Post a Comment