Monday, February 27, 2012

Lenten Experiment - Day 6

Well, welcome to February 27, 2012 - Day 6 of Lent.

I have to admit that when I went to bed last night or really early this morning, I had no idea what God would put on my heart to write about today.

However, this morning when I got on the computer and went to my Facebook page, I saw in the newsfeed photos and stories from K-Love's partnership with Cure International, in particular the trip to Afghanistan to deliver handknitted hats to children in the Cure Hospital in Kabul as well as help to little Ali who is receiving corrective surgery today for his cleft palate. Thanks to lots of K-Love listeners, Ali and his family will be truly blessed.

Cure International posted on its page that they received so many hats it will take them a year to distribute all of them across the world and to lots of hospitals & lots of kids! Wow, isn't that awesome? I feel so humbled to be such a small part of that outreach. And, isn't that what Lent is all about--serving, being reminded that each and every one of us is a part of something much, much grander that we can even imagine.

My challenge each day is to look outside my own limited skin for some opportunity to make a difference. And, realizing that God has gifted me with skills, I'm reminded that He gifted me for a purpose--to love, to serve, to encourage, to share what I have. I just hope I'm up to the challenge not just during these 40 days of Lent but for the rest of my brief life on this earth. Our lives are but a vapor. Ashes to ashes . . . dust to dust.

No comments:

Post a Comment