Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Lenten Experiment - Day 8

Welcome to Day 8 of Lent & a very special day indeed - Leap Day (February 29, 2012). I'm thinking it's time for something a bit lighter today - fluff is important too!

The word "leap" conjures up lots of thoughts in my mind.

Leap of faith

Just like this little boy has to trust his father or grandfather to catch him, so I have to trust that someone will catch me when I step out of my comfort zone or when I venture too far afield. We all need protection sometimes or someone to help us up when we stumble. Go ahead, take that leap of faith and see what happens!

Leap for joy

For those of you who know me well, you know I adore all things "sheepy." And, this photo exhibits the wondrous "leap for joy" that sheep seem to be known for in every pasture. Sheep, like us frail humans, enjoy a romp in lush green pastures every now and then. We like to kick up our hoofs and get down to the business of munching on tasty greens from time to time. Sheep do have pretty simple needs and limited intelligence, but they sure can leap!

Leap year

Leap frog

Take a leap

Flying leap

Leap and the net will appear

Quantum Leap (an old TV show)

Leap Year (that cute new romantic comedy set in Ireland)

I love this image of the polar bear - his body fully extended in a mighty jump or leap - probably straining for his latest meal. Leaping takes effort and skill - something sometimes I lack in large portions. I'm a bit lazy when it comes to physical endeavors. (yawn) Like right now when I'd much rather be nestled in my cozy warm covers. I guess if I had to hunt for my food, though, I'd be a bit more industrious.

I think that's my cue to leap into bed! Night night. (yawn)

No comments:

Post a Comment