Sunday, February 26, 2012

Lenten Experiment - Day 5

Between the Rains -

As I mentioned a couple of days ago, my latest foray into Bible study with Beth Moore and a group of precious ladies at my church has once again opened up my mind to what is actually going on in my life--not just what I think is going on.

Many times no matter how hard I try I simply can't figure out what God's trying to say for all the static I hear or the fog that clouds my vision.

So with all that said, I really need to share today about my life right here, right now because I'm "between the rains."

Lent itself is a condition of being "between the rains"--between the haphazard hullabaloo of Mardi Gras and the rejoicing of Resurrection Sunday. The sermon in church this morning, though, looked at Lent a different way as getting increasingly darker and darker until Good Friday when the whole world darkens upon Christ's death on the cross, then of course brightens full force on Easter morning when He rises from the dead.

I'm seeing it right now as a time of dryness within a large patch of parched ground. Deep down buried within the ground, my land is seeded and prepared for growth. Deep, rugged furrows of trials clawed their way across my land. The seeds are dormant, awaiting spring, awaiting the end of this season, waiting for the glory of a wondrous rain. Patiently waiting for water.

Now--I know it's my responsibility to look for the rain, to wait expecting a refreshing rain. The rainy season is coming. I just know it!

Are you ready for the rain?

"So let us know, let us press on to know the Lord. His going forth is as certain as the dawn; and He will come to us like the rain, like the spring rain watering the earth." (Hosea 6:3 NASB)

No comments:

Post a Comment