Monday, January 3, 2011

The Immeasurable Heavens









Vast, endless, infinite, massive, incalculable--the immeasurable heavens.

Indeed that's what I experienced tonight on my quiet, dark walk to the barn to feed my horses. The moon had taken a respite from its usual place in the sky--hiding its face from view and the only light was from distant stars dotting the heaven's canopy.

What a wonder are the stars! We may never see them as they truly are--on fire, burning up their life force so far away. Scientists say that by the time their light reaches us, they are but a memory in their part of the galaxy.

I'm so glad that the Light of our World is still here shining for me. Is He shining for you tonight in the darkness?


Lift up your eyes on high
And see who has created these stars,
The One who leads forth their host by number,
He calls them all by name;
Because of the greatness of His might and the strength of His power
Not one of them is missing.
(Isaiah 40:29, NASB)

1 comment: